During the last decades, Computer Aided Design (CAD) has undoubtedly contributed tremendously to the development of major technologies within different engineering sectors. One of the most popular and powerful CAD packages is SOLIDWORKS from Dassault Systèmes. This CAD package offers a broad range of functionalities, ranging from virtual design (3D component design, 2D component drawings) to virtual testing (structural and flow computational simulations) capabilities.
The seminar described recent developments to integrate BEM technology within SOLIDWORKS via an “add-in” using the SOLIDWORKS application program interface. These developments can facilitate model generation and efficient parameterised BEM model generation for optimising product design and performance.
The presentation covered the following topics:
- Introduction to SOLIDWORKS: software capabilities and further developments
- Virtual model generation in SOLIDWORKS
- Introduction to the BEASY Add-In
- BEM model generation and simulation via BEASY Add-In
- Parametric modelling and design optimisation with programming routines
The talk was followed by a lively discussion.